Discover the different types of residential and commercial air conditioners and find what is best for your needs and your budget.
Various air conditioning systems
Although all air conditioning systems use the same five main elements – refrigerant compressor, condenser, expansion valve, and evaporator coil – these vary enormously in size, power and energy efficiency.
- Homeowners and business owners can find systems to suit all budgets.
- Knowing in advance what you need, you can save money from the start.
- Moreover, choosing the best system for your needs you will be able to save money on energy costs over the lifetime of the system.
Window air conditioners
Window air conditioners are commonly used in bedrooms and are designed to fit into a window frame or an opening in a wall.
- In this type of air conditioner, all major components are contained in a single device.
- Inexpensive, window air conditioners are very effective in small rooms.
- The installation can be done quickly and the repairs are never very complex.
Mobile air conditioners
Mobile air conditioners are autonomous units that can be placed in any room of the house.
- Slightly louder than the other models, mobile air conditioners work by sucking fresh air, then cooling it to finally return to the room simultaneously releasing hot air through a window, a hole in a wall or a false ceiling.
- Mobile air conditioners work best in tandem with a central air conditioning system to cool the parts of the house that are difficult to reach.
The separate blocks or ductless air conditioners
Composed of interior and exterior components, there is more and more this type of air conditioning unit in small houses, apartments, and hotels.
- Very easy to install and use, these units do not take up much space and consume less power than conventional air conditioners.
- The new air conditioners separate or ductless units are very quiet and remarkably effective for cooling small rooms of a house.
- They can be used as a remote control for maximum comfort.
Central air conditioners
The central air conditioning units are unquestionably the most powerful air conditioning systems available.
- These relatively silent systems are able to cool any room in your home and offer an excellent cost / energy.
- You can remove and replace filters to central air conditioning unit as often as necessary to maintain the micro-allergens, dust, and pollen out of your home.
- Remember to choose a system that is relevant to the area and cooling needs of your home.
- If you choose a too powerful model, your electricity bill could become very high.
- However, undersized models may not provide enough fresh air for your comfort.
There is a great air conditioner model for every home. Stay cool this summer with an air conditioner that is right for your budget and your cooling needs.
If you cannot always choose the most suitable model for your home, contact an experienced air conditioning contractor near you and discuss all of your options.