Sport fishing is basically a ludic activity that, through a set of actions and strategies, has as its main goal the capture of fish. This activity can be carried out in fresh waters (rivers, lakes, lagoons, reservoirs) or salt water of the seas. It has different modalities with the same purpose. Fun and sport are one of the most important purposes of sport fishing. This article aims to inform all those interested in the subject in order to have an appropriate space to interact and learn the experiences that you can provide the fishermen.
The sport fishing is a practice with several years of tradition and over time has more welcome and takes more force between its practitioners and prospects. Each fisherman uses his own methods, environments, and fishing articles, whether they are rods, hooks, rods, such as rivers, fishing lakes Or others.
According to their experience, they fish with the most effective tools according to their criteria; Hence the advice of this article, not to change the perspective of the fisherman’s practice, but to provide some tips to improve this practice and its results. Over time, sport fishing Has been made with basic tools such as the hook and its way of tying it, the bait, the environment and other tools that support fishing but rarely understand why the interaction of each of these tools. From this, we consult and offer some basic tips that contribute to the improvement of fishing.
Some tips to keep in mind in sport fishing are:
1. Afilar the hook: of the first tasks to develop and a key part of our fishing that allows us to be more effective at the time of fishing
- The bait: Try to keep it in good condition, remember that it is our trap to attract the prey, and we do not want to chase it away.
- Do not use triple hooks or lures in an excessive way: This depends on the purpose of fishing if it is of a certain size or weight.
- Avoid that the fish swallow the bait when using the type of hooks mentioned in the previous point; Avoiding leaving the line alone, so they will not swallow the hook.
If we still observe that the fish swallows the hook, try to remove it, and return it to the water as long as it has options of life, it is no good to return it to the water if it is going to die.
- Let the fishing environment in good condition, waste and refuse to collect, we do not want to find the place in bad conditions after other people have interacted with it.
- Do not fish more than what we are going to consume, respect the maximum quantities that can be fished of each species.
- Indicate illegal fishing, or be done with bad practices in areas not allowed, the use of nets, tackle with too many hooks.
- Avoid making loud noises, the fish are very noticeable to the sounds.
- Before starting fishing, be clear about the size of the fish that are taken in the area, to use the appropriate size of the hook, bait as appropriate.
There are only 9 Tips that some people with experience in fishing are basic and we should not name them, but if we want this practice to go much further we must take our advice to new practitioners.