Before making an appointment for a surgery, take the time to evaluate all the ways to lose fat on your tummy.
The War of the Love Handles
Ah! Love handles … Why are they so stubborn? If you are a woman and you identify yourself with this question, know that your hormones can sometimes make your life hard. And the hormones involved are not just those related to an imbalance leading to the premenstrual syndrome or menopause.
- In addition to the decline in estrogen during menopause, which is related to the accumulation of fat in the belly, leptin (responsible for feeling satiated) and ghrelin (stimulates appetite) can play you tricks.
- For example, if you do insomnia, this can cause the leptin level to drop and increase the rate of ghrelin in your body. Now you eat too much!
You may also like to read: 9 quick stretching exercises for problem areas
Stress … always stress!
It is the great person responsible for many evils. The stress hormone, cortisol, is also recognized as a factor leading to thickening of your abdomen.
- Put yourself in yoga or Tai Chi.
- It is understood that you should also consult a doctor.
- All the exercises in the world and the best diet will have very little effect to remove the fat on the belly if the hormonal system is out of adjustment.
- Even if this factor is not involved, a doctor can determine if your excess abdominal fat affects your cardiovascular health and blood sugar levels.
A few tricks waiting for your medical appointment
- Make sure you sleep between seven and nine hours a night because lack of sleep affects the metabolism.
- Exercise regularly and focus on endurance sports that help remove fat on your stomach.
- Practice abdominal breathing and relaxing activities.
- Eat slowly, savor each bite and chew well.
- Prefer a diet rich in fiber, which helps intestinal transit (fruits and vegetables).
- Opt for starchy foods with low glycemic index (whole grains).
- Fly trans fats at all costs and fill up with omega-3 (fish oil, linseed oil).
- Consume lean protein (fish, poultry, legumes).
- Watch for fructose (fruit juice, jams), a sugar that affects blood sugar and increases fat mass.
Surgery, an option that requires reflection
Sometimes, surgery is the solution chosen to cope with an accumulation of abdominal fat.
- The best known are liposuction and abdominoplasty, which aim respectively to aspirate the subcutaneous fat and to remove the excess skin in the abdomen.
- These procedures are most often performed in a cosmetic or plastic surgery clinic.
- Consultation with a health professional is a must.
There are other less invasive methods for removing fat, such as laser lipolysis (reserved for localized fat excess) and cryolipolysis.
- These methods allow a normal life to be resumed immediately after surgery.
- Lipolysis involves bursting the fat cells with the laser’s thermal radiation, while the cryolipolysis removes them by cooling them.
A sense of pride
- At the medical clinic in your neighborhood, you can consult several health professionals: doctor, nurse, nutritionist, dietitian, and psychologist.
- You can also hire a coach, a sports coach, a motivator, a kinesiology’s, etc.
Taking care of yourself and practicing these sound tips, as well as those provided by health professionals, will not only help to remove fat from the stomach but will also help develop self-esteem. You can be proud to have put your health first.