Learning karate brings all kinds of physical and psychological benefits. It should not be used as a self-defense means. Read below to discover the reason for the ban.
The benefits of karate
- As a disciple of Shamokin, Kung Fu, Taekwondo or you will be subject to a rigorous program of gymnastics, exercises, exhausting series of physical strengthening exercises and training. These include jumping jacks, hand breaks, pumps, abs workouts on punching bags, precise shots on mitten and fights controlled rounds one to three minutes. The conclusion by all this week after week, for months and years, will acquire a perfect endurance and circulation.
- Isometric and static stretching will precede each workout and are necessary to execute punches, kicks, jumps and scans without injury.
- Most beginners start with no flexibility due to the limited range of motion related to everyday life. The objective is to initiate a path towards more flexibility dedicate themselves gradually over a period, and not to embark simply make big differences from day one.
- After a follow-up plan, you’ll be able to easily make high kicks and circular strokes reversed without stretching or tearing of muscles.
A new mental perception
- The concentration on target, memorizing complex movements and overcoming physical limitations has a profound effect on the mental perception of a karate trainee. Kata is a long series of movements somewhat similar to the dance movements. Most of these movements must be learned and interpreted to perfection by the extent of knowledge of the apprentice.
- Created neural pathways in the brain during this part of the study offer greater ability to understand complex systems and ideas. An eternal learner can store dozens if not hundreds of katas from several systems.
The dangers of using karate for self-defense
- Many so-called self-defense principles taught in traditional karate are not feasible in a street fight situation. It teaches students to delve into the eyes, cut the throat, and block attacks with the open hand in a circular motion.
- Hit a precise target, such as Adam’s apple, is a difficult, if not impossible gesture when one is under the constraint of a physical attack. Give a kick to someone’s face or head has a very serious danger to the person making the payment, that of being unbalanced and ending up on the ground, a very uncomfortable position in a street fight.
- Try to block a punch or a thrown weapon with a vaulted circular motion and your outstretched fingers is a good way to have serious injuries.
- We defended better in the assault in the street facing the aggressor or “attacking the aggressor” and hitting on the face, liver and groin with a closed fist. No kick in a street fight should be launched above the waist level, and the blocks should not exceed the level of the shoulder, lest the vital organs are exposed.
- In short: use karate to be fit and develop coordination and concentration. If you want to learn how to survive on the street, turn to Kravis Magi, boxing or other combat sport developed specifically to address the problems of survival in the face of male or female perpetrators.