Why should your teen find a summer job?
If your teen has never worked, help to identify a job that suits him depending on his interests.
- This will help them enjoy a very rewarding experience. A job is a great way to learn financial responsibility.
- By talking with your teen various summer jobs, consider how he will go to work and come home.
- Learn about the certifications required in the bid process.
- It is also important to know if he will wear a uniform and, if necessary, if that will be provided or will have to buy it. Some companies deduct the cost of the uniform of the first paycheck.
Your teenager he has maternal instinct? The guarding demand increases dramatically during the summer months when working parents need help to keep their children no longer go to school.
- Taking care of children may simply mean keeping children of friends and neighbors, but it could also mean offering assistance in a day camp or a local daycare.
- This type of job is a great job for those interested in the teaching profession. Working with children requires a lot of patience.
- holiday camp monitors learn important leadership skills and how to resolve conflicts.
- In addition, the camps have the advantage of helping your child learn to be autonomous.
- Working in a restaurant
Teenagers interested in a job in a restaurant should have very good interpersonal skills. In other words; they must enjoy working with people.
- Working in a restaurant needs to be able to handle multiple clients and different tasks at once.
- In Canada, bartenders, servers, and greeters are required to obtain a training certificate on alcoholic beverages.
- The regulations vary from province to province.
- Make sure your child wears comfortable shoes, because he or she may spend most of the day standing.
The jobs in a store are a good way to learn common responsibilities in business management or inventory management, dealing with customers, accept returns, etc.
- Teenagers are also learning important skills in financial management.
- Despite the difficulties that can arise unhappy customers, working with the public can be a very rewarding experience.
- The store jobs often require having to work late and on weekends, so you should ensure you are able to adapt to these hours.
Many landscaping companies hiring the seasonal help to meet the increased demand in summer.
- Working in outdoors during sunny days can be very attractive for both boys and girls.
- Planting gardens and mowing lawns are a great option for those who are not afraid to get dirty a little and have the strength to use a mower.
- Make sure they are provided with sunscreen and a hat in anticipation of long days in the sun.
A teenager who excels in school could become an excellent guardian.
- Tutoring is offered at all levels, from primary to secondary.
- Guardians have the advantage to decide their own working hours.
- They typically have their own transport, because the tutors generally travel with their client or in a place of rendezvous specific.
Seasonal jobs for teens an opportunity to have new experiences and forge new friendships. With a little work, your teen will discover the joy of making money with his own hands.