Your clothes say a lot about who you are, so why not give them a royal treatment with these great cleaning laundry tips.
This basic laundry cleans clothes as well as commercial cleaners brand at exorbitant prices; it just costs a lot less.
- 125 g (1 / 2cup) soap flakes
- 125g (1/2 cup) of baking soda
- 50 g (1/4 cup) of sodium hydroxide
- 50 g (1/4 cup) of borax
- 1 clean plastic container of 500 ml (16 oz) with a lid.
- To make soap flakes, grate a little pure soap bar on a coarse grater kitchen.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Store in an airtight plastic container.
- Use about 125g (1/2 cup) of the mixture instead of a detergent in each machine.
The stains are always easier to remove if you treat them before they are installed (carbonated water is perfect for eliminating many types of stains while still wet). You can also use other household ingredients to remove many types of common stains.
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) of plain household ammonia
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white vinegar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) of baking soda
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of liquid Castile soap
- 1.5 L (1 quart and 1/2) water
- 1 clean recycled plastic container of 2 L (1/2 gallon)
- 1 clean 500 ml spray bottle (16 oz).
- Mix all ingredients in a container two liters (half a gallon). Pour part of the solution into the spray bottle. Shake well before each use.
- Spray the liquid on the stain and let sit for three to five minutes. Wash as you used to.
Here is a simple recipe for your fabrics remain soft and fluffy. It is much gentler on your clothes that commercial softeners, and much more kind to your wallet.
- 50 g (1/4 cup) of baking soda
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white vinegar.
- Fill the washing machine with water.
- Add the baking soda and clothing.
- During the final rinse cycle, add the vinegar (pour into the fabric softener dispenser if your washing machine has one).
Vinegar: fabric softener, and more
Who would have guessed that a single cup of a daily commodity – white vinegar – which costs about 25 cents could do everything a softener, a color guard, a disinfectant and bleach can make?
- Simply add 250 milliliters (one cup) of distilled white vinegar to your washing machine rinse cycle, and it will eliminate all bacteria in the wash, it will retain the color of newly dyed fabrics, it will avoid the clothes are covered with lint and static, it will clear up small loads of white clothes and it will eliminate the need for softeners.
Anti-mold products for leather and luggage
If you find mold on your luggage or your leather jacket overpriced, do not run from your launderer. Instead, remove the unwanted presence with this anti-mold inexpensive recipe.
- 125ml (1/2 cup) of rubbing alcohol
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 1 clean 250 ml spray bottle (8 oz).
- Put all ingredients in the spray bottle and shake well to mix.
- Spray the affected area. Let the solution sit for 10 to 20 minutes, then wipe the mold with a clean cloth and let dry the affected object entirely outdoors.
Disinfectant washing machine
This is not because your washing machine cycle sees a lot of soap and water, it does not stain. Use this simple recipe for disinfected twice a year. Rinsing also removes some of the limestones that build up from the pipes of your washing machine.
- 500 ml (2 cups) white vinegar
- 500 ml (2 cups) of bleach.
- Fill your washing machine with water and add vinegar. Soak for an hour, then restart it and let it run for a full cycle.
- Repeat the process using bleach.
Do you want to have clean clothes? So do not forget to take care of your washing machine!