A good glass of wine can accompany just about any meal. When you go to the restaurant, either during a romantic date or with colleagues, we all like to order a glass of wine with class and ease. Here are some tips to help you order wine in a restaurant is a good choice and give your guests the impression that you are an expert.
Choose a type of wine that you know and love well
Discover a new restaurant in the company of others is not the best time to try a new type of wine.
- It is always best to choose a wine you already love.
- If you have never tasted one of the wines offered on the menu, you can try something new, but only as a last resort.
Always be the first to taste the wine
When the server comes pour you a drink, ask if you can taste it first. Then you should pour a small amount into the glass.
- Shake gently to release the wine aromas and give you time to smell her.
- After sniffed, drink from a tiny sip and let it linger in your mouth for a moment before swallowing.
- If you like it, let us know the server so that it can fill you cut.
- If you do not like it, do not hesitate to ask him to try a different wine.
Avoid ordering the most expensive glass
In general, restaurants offer five to 10 wines they serve by the glass in red varieties, white and sparkling.
- The fact that wine is the most expensive on the card does not necessarily mean it is the best.
- Most of the time, ordering wine at an average price you will get a similar quality wine to the most expensive wines on the menu and you will save money.
Do not hesitate to ask questions
You do not have to pretend to know all the answers.
- If there are wines on the card you never heard of, do not be afraid to ask questions about this wine the server.
- Most restaurants worthy of the name have on-site sommeliers who are there to help you make your choice and you avoid playing the expert.
Consider buying a bottle
If other people at your table also like to drink wine, do not hesitate to order a bottle or half bottle.
- You generally get a better deal and you will probably have more choices.
- Do not forget to taste the wine after they opened the bottle and ask for a carafe if the wine is a little young.
By following these tips and with a little experience, you will soon be able to order a glass of wine as a real expert. Remember it is important to order a wine that you like rather than order one because of its price or the name it carries.
A glass of wine is a great way to socialize with friends or enhance the flavor of a meal. Many people know how to enjoy a bottle of wine or perform simple food and wine. These things indicate that there is much more to learn. Good tasting!