You’ve lost your job or are looking for new challenges? Here are some tips to guide you throughout your steps.
Before starting an active job search, which requires time and organization, it is essential to ask you about your interests and make a focus on your assets.
- This includes such things as write your strengths, your accomplishments, your salary expectations, your availability and your professional certifications.
- A good self-knowledge to better target employers and facilitates writing the cover letter and resume.
You need help? Why not call a counselor .
- Through testing and specific questions, he will guide you in your career choices by focusing on your strengths.
How to handle a job loss
Losing a job is a difficult test, but it is important to manage this crisis and to organize themselves to bounce back and find a new job quickly.
- There is no reason to be ashamed and it is important not to isolate themselves. On the contrary, networking can benefit you find a job!
- If you are entitled to unemployment insurance, make requests. Visit the Employment Insurance office nearest you or fill out the form online.
- It is also essential to spend your time productively : this can include work for small contracts, volunteering to keep your skills, update your resume and cover letter, practice interviews, visiting friends and family, pursue your hobbies and maybe even cleaning your home!
- While the job search is your main task when you are unemployed, you burn will not help. Maintaining a balance is essential.
While writing his resume
The CV is the main tool in your job search. It allows to enhance your training and your professional experience and is your first contact with a potential employer.
- Make sure it is concise and well-written SEO that it stands out and finds its place at the top of the stack. Limit your resume to two pages.
- One of the worst mistakes to make is to not revise your resume. You do not want to send a resume with mistakes!
- Take inspiration from the job description in the job offer and use the keywords to set yourself apart from other candidates.
- Tailor your resume to the position for which you apply. Do not put that relevant experiences coveted position.
Successful introduction letter
Do not skip the cover letter , even if it is not requested. She says more in your resume on your personality and motivation for the proposed use.
- It also reveals your ability to write well, your professionalism and your communication skills. All of which can convince an employer to offer you an interview.
Request a letter of recommendation
A letter of recommendation can tip the scales in your favor, so why deprive yourself of this asset?
- Do not hesitate to ask your former employer a letter of recommendation and be sure he or she will not write a negative review which could sabotage your chances of getting an interview or the coveted post.
The company refuses to give you a letter of recommendation ? All is not lost.
- Why not ask an influential person with whom you had a good relationship with you write one?
Preparing for an interview
The next decisive step is that of the interview . The recruiter will test your personality, your knowledge, your strengths and weaknesses.
- Some frequently asked questions(eg “? What is your worst fault”) used to prepare and approach the meeting with a certain serenity. So you’ve got to prepare your answers.
- The day of the interview, have a flawless presentation. Remember first impressions are important!
- Stand out of the lot by doing research on the company. You will not regret when the recruiter will ask you “what do you know about our company?”
- To emphasize your interest in the job, you can perform a follow-up thank you.
A job search is often accompanied by a challenge. Your thinking might make you consider changing careers . Take time to evaluate your options and get advice from professionals. Your success is based on a structured approach.