Tablets are affected by many of the same problems as smartphones, such as cracked screens, slow operation and a short holding of the battery. Follow the tips below to resolve typical problems you encounter with your tablet.
My tablet is slow
Remove widgets and live wallpapers
Your device seems slow when starting applications, or there is a delay between when you type and when the characters appear on your screen? You can reduce this delay by following a few simple tips.
- If your tablet runs the Android operating system, disable any live wallpaper running;these interactive backgrounds on your home screen may be fun, but they can create delays and also reduce the lifetime of the battery. To do this, open the “Settings” menu and navigate to “Application Management”.Tap the icon of the wallpaper that is running, press “Uninstall”. As long as you are in this menu area uninstall applications you do not plan to use.
- Tablets and Android phones can be installed with widgets;icons that appear on your home screen and act as the shortcut to an application, or display information directly (for example, a widget can show you the weather where you are). If a widget is not useful, remove it by pressing its icon and then dragging it up (or sometimes low, depending on the model) of the screen until it turns red . It will disappear when you raise your finger.
- Close the applications you are not currently using;simply select the application and press “stop” to turn off.
The touchscreen is not responding
This may be the fault of the software or hardware
Start by cleaning your screen. It has a special coating that repels oil from human skin and should be treated with care. Avoid using solvents or household glass cleaner on the surface, moisture can damage it.
- Turn off the tablet and unplug the charger.Use a blower (available at camera stores) to remove the grains or the lint screen or deposited between the screen and the case. Then gently rub the screen in a circular motion with a microfiber cloth, like those used to clean eyeglasses.
- Try resetting the tablet.If that does not work, you may need to reset the original settings. This usually involves pressing a certain key combination and connect the device to your computer. Check the manufacturer’s website or the user manual for instructions concerning your brand and model of tablet.
Use a microfiber cloth, never a towel or a handkerchief to clean your tablet screen.
My iPad does not connect to my computer
Check your software and USB
Connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod to your Mac or PC must be simple. But what if the device is not recognized when plugged into the computer?
- Try to charge the device for at least 3 hours, and then reconnect it to the computer.
- Use another USB port on the computer and another compatible cable if you have a spare or if you can borrow one.
Use a USB cable to connect your MP3 player to your computer; software like iTunes (Mac) or Device Stage (Windows) lets you sync music between.Many other programs are available.
When you load any portable electronic device, be sure to remove it from its housing to minimize the risk of overheating.