Unfortunately, the buttons always seem to appear just before a big meeting, a romantic date or special occasion. But with these tips, you will discover how to get rid of for good.
Do not drill your buttons
The buttons affect people of all ages. Even if you itch, you must resist the urge to break those annoying pimples. The buttons contain bacteria and the bursting these will spread to other pores.
- You might irritate your skin and create scars or worse, to further penetrate the oil, dirt, and bacteria on your skin.
However, there are a number of tips that can help you quickly get rid of a button.
- Care Products Medicated Skin
Go to the drugstore to find targeted treatment products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
- The two fight bacteria that cause acne and help prevent clogged pores.
- These come in different strengths – higher concentrations can irritate the skin so try a lower formulation first.
- If your skin is prone to acne, try using daily cleansers and lotions that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
Toothpaste is a great alternative to anti-acne creams sold commercially.
- Tap a small amount of toothpaste on the button and let it sit for a few hours or overnight.
- Remember to rinse everything before leaving home!
- Dissolve a small amount of sea salt in water.
- Using a paper or a folded cloth, apply the salt water on your button and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Do not wipe the salt water. The salt will dry your button and kill surrounding bacteria.
Aspirin has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce the redness and swelling.
- Crush an aspirin in a small bowl and mix with a little water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected area using a cotton swab and let dry.
- Let stand for a few hours or overnight if possible.
Ice can help some people get rid of a button.
- If the button is red and inflamed, apply ice on it for 10 minutes.
- If you can not stand direct contact with the skin, wrap the ice in a cloth or paper towel.
If you do not have time to try the tips listed above, it’ll just cover up your button!
- Clean the area gently and remove dead skin with tweezers.
- Use a slightly lighter concealer than your skin tone.
- To cover more skin, use a green concealer to better reduce redness.
- yellow hues can minimize the appearance of the raised button.
- Use a cotton swab or the tip of your finger to apply a bit of concealer. Tap without rubbing.
- For ladies and girls, add a foundation layer on top and seal it with a finishing powder.
Acne is far from a cakewalk but following a good facial hygiene routine you will be able to prevent the appearance of pimples. Ladies, remember to remove makeup before going to bed! Wash and moisturize your face twice a day. Avoid touching your face with your hands and see that the buttons become more scarce.