Maple syrup is much more nutritious than other sweeteners. With its nutty, spicy and vanilla flavor, it helps to soften your favorite dishes where toppings and sauces are used.
- You can use it as a garnish on fruits, cakes, cereals, ice cream and much more.
- By adding maple syrup to most of your recipes, you’ll feel like you’re eating a dish in a gourmet restaurant and your guests will be asking for more!
These 11 dishes based on maple syrup will allow you to discover the flavors of paradise.
- Cigars with cabbage
Your traditional cabbage cigars stuffed with minced meat, onions, breadcrumbs, seasonings and tomato sauce can be transformed by adding maple syrup.
- After combining the tomato sauce and maple syrup, pour the mixture on your rolls to make them even more delicious.
- Carrot and curette salad
This famous traditional dish explodes with flavors and adds maple syrup. Mix it with yogurt, mayonnaise, and a little ginger and you’ll get a tasty vegetarian dish.
- Chicken Kebabs
By adding maple syrup to your usual marinade, in which your pieces of chicken, onions, and apples are bathed, your barbecue will turn your ordinary kebabs into a real crunchy, caramelized and full of flavors.
- Frozen Pork Chops with Maple Barbecue Sauce
Take a traditional barbecue sauce and add a quarter cup of maple syrup to raise and soften your pork chops.
- Grill them in the oven or on the barbecue and they will overflow with flavors.
- Maple Scones
Ideal for lunch or snack in the late afternoon, the scone is one of the favorite dishes of Canadians.
- When you prepare your usual recipe, add maple syrup and make these delicious pastries even tastier.
- Sweet potatoes and apples in maple syrup
An excellent accompaniment to warm up your cold winter nights and benefit from the nutrients of sweet potatoes, apples, and maple syrup. You will devour this delicious dish in no time.
- Spinach salad and peach pieces with maple balsamic vinaigrette
When you add pieces of fresh peaches to spinach and season it with tasty balsamic vinaigrette, you get a truly magical side dish.
- Garnish with toasted or caramelized pecans to give even more taste!
- Maple-Glazed Salmon Skewers
By brushing your salmon on the barbecue with a little soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic, and maple syrup you can create a delicious healthy meal that will give your mouth water to all your Guests.
- Hot Chocolate with Maple Syrup
If you thought it was impossible to improve a good homemade hot chocolate, this recipe might surprise you.
- By adding a few tablespoons of maple syrup, you will give even more chocolate flavor and you will see your children fill with joy.
- Grilled maple syrup cheese
This may sound a little exaggerated but after trying it, fans of this recipe only accept to eat grilled cheese sandwiches that way and not otherwise.
- Simply add a fillet of maple syrup to the cheese and you will taste the difference.
- Cranberry Crisp with Maple Syrup and Apple
The idea of combining cranberries and maple syrup seems quite natural and this recipe proves it. This is a simple croustade that will impress your guests including the toughest.
There is no limit when it comes to adding to the dishes the tasty and spicy flavor of maple syrup. Try it in your next recipe and you will transform all your dishes into genuine gastronomic delights.